How can I disable all USB devices?

夏业添 summerxyt at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 00:10:40 EDT 2012

Sorry for reply so late. I'm an intern and I cannot test your
suggestion in the past two days. I didn't fully understand this udev
stuff and your reply, and here is my questions:

a. about ":="
  The man page says that the ":=" means that "Assign a value to a key
finally; disallow any later changes, which may be used to prevent
changes by any later rules."
  So I think a rule like this:

  SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ACTION=="add", RUN:="/test.sh usb"

will prevent adding more programs to RUN, and finally stop calling any
"modprobe" in /lib/udev/rules.d/80-drivers.rules so that drivers are
not loaded. But the usb devices are still working.

b. The function of steps 2
My environment is a costumed Linux, I cannot find
/lib/modules/$(uname -r) directory...

c. how to identify the device is a usb device.
Just seeing the examples on
http://www.reactivated.net/writing_udev_rules.html, I'm more confused.
Each usb device has a particular match keys. I just want to know
whether this device is connecting to usb ports, and manage it.

If anybody has some hints, please tell me. Thanks!