ipv6 address comparison

Arif Hossain aftnix at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 08:02:41 EDT 2012

Hi,

My module uses ipv6_addr_cmp() from <linux/ipv6.h>.

<linux/ipv6.h>
static inline int ipv6_addr_cmp(const struct in6_addr *a1, const struct
in6_addr *a2)
{
	return memcmp(a1, a2, sizeof(struct in6_addr));
}

I've included <linux/ipv6.h>. But when i try to build the module i get
following error:

net/netfilter/xt_ipaddr.c:81: error: implicit declaration of function
‘ipv6_addr_cmp’

Although before the call to ipv6_addr_cmp, i have a casting to struct
ipv6hdr *iph. So the definitions from ipv6.h should be available to my
module.

cheers.
aft