Not getting login prompt after CPU entered into cpu_idle() state

Srinidhi M srinidhi.m26 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 09:36:04 EDT 2012

On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 4:53 AM, sk.syed2 <sk.syed2 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> We are assuming that the kernel is completely booted, in 2.6.32
>> kernel, without any issues as it entered into cpu_idle state. We are
>> guessing that there is an error in the file system sources (i.e.
>> sbin/init). Unfortunately, we do not have the sources for the
>> available file system and we have downloaded the file system from the
>> following Phytec link.
>
> It seems to me that the kernel and filesystem are not built with the same
> toolchain version. This could be a problem. You can use buildroot
> http://buildroot.uclibc.org/download.html  to generate a new filesystem.

Thanks for your information. Yes. As you said we used the file system
that was build by Phytec for 2.6.10 kernel version. However, we do not
have the file system sources with us.

So, we have built busybox with the same tool chain version that we
used to build the 2.6.32 kernel image. Even though, we are seeing the
same error messages i.e. we are seeing 5 to 6 "/sbin/modprobe" calls
after calling the "/sbin/init". After that, we did not see any
messages at all. We are getting the SAME log messages that we got
earlier when we use this busybox file system which was build with same
tool chain.

Please let us know, if we are doing anything wrong here, still.

Thanks and Regards,
Srinidhi M.