Best way to debug an Intel Core i5 hang - likely graphics (possibly power) related

Mulyadi Santosa mulyadi.santosa at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 23:25:34 EST 2012

Hi :)

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 10:00, Graeme Russ <graeme.russ at gmail.com> wrote:
> I _think_ I've solved the problem - SDRAM Voltage

You got my respect man, you're really stubborn :)

> The SDRAM I am using has a rated operating voltage of 1.5V +/- 0.075.
> It looked like the motherboard BIOS had decided to use the upper limit
> of 1.575V when set to 'Auto'. I changed it to 'Manual' and set the
> SDRAM voltage to 1.5V and it's been running stably for the longest
> time it ever has.

Thanks (again) for sharing. So this indeed has tight relationship with
RAM "misbehaviour". How do you know it? Do you inspect every piece of
your hardware? I am curious to know (maybe others too).

NB: it could be a good lesson that system lock up might have
absolutely nothing to do with kernel.

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa