what is the "+" sigh in the modules folder name?

Anand Moon moon.linux at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 24 11:27:46 EST 2012

Hi Christopher,
From my knowledge it because of in linux-2.6.37/Makefile
In my case content of Lantiq_UGW_5.x/linux/Makefile

#head Lantiq_UGW_5.x/linux/Makefile
VERSION = 2
PATCHLEVEL = 6
SUBLEVEL = 32
EXTRAVERSION = .32
NAME = Man-Eating Seals of Antiquity
# *DOCUMENTATION*

This EXTRAVERSION get added to Kernel build path
# Read KERNELRELEASE from include/config/kernel.release (if it exists)
KERNELRELEASE = $(shell cat include/config/kernel.release 2> /dev/null)
KERNELVERSION = $(VERSION).$(PATCHLEVEL).$(SUBLEVEL)$(EXTRAVERSION)

On My system on provide the following command.
#uname -r
#2.6.32.32
#
If you check the EXTRAVERSION you will find the reason of '+'
Or Some were in the linux-2.6.37/Makefile you might be appending some extra FLAGS or environment variable to KERNELVERSION.

Read the linux-2.6.37/Makefile for details under the following line.

# Build the kernel release string

Please try to echo this "KERNELVERSION" during compilation of kernel.
-Anand Moon