from where to start..

SaNtosh kuLkarni santosh.yesoptus at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 08:54:46 EST 2012

On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 4:21 PM, Javier Martinez Canillas <
martinez.javier at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 4:52 AM, SaNtosh kuLkarni
> <santosh.yesoptus at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Sukrit,
> >
> > Ya kernel development..kernel space is fun...but since kernel has loads
> of
> > subsystems...you must be or will be later interested in certain
> > subsytems,,,but you ought to understand the basic working and operations
> > carried by a kernel and sorting of programming and structures
> required...i
> > would suggest Kernel Development by Rober Love
> >

> http://blog.rlove.org/2010/07/linux-kernel-development-third-edition.html
> >
> >  as he doesnt dig deep into core kernel development instead focuses on
> stuff
> > such as Process mgnt , synchronization ,VFS...etc etc...in a rather
> simple
> > easy to understand manner...but if you are interested or rather want to
> get
> > into specific subsystems like Networking ...network stack,...etc you can
> > always start off with network internals...but my suggestion is Robert
> Love
> > and start of writing few LKMs....tats my opinion....
> >
> > On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 6:58 AM, Jeff Haran <jharan at bytemobile.com>
> wrote:

Hi Javier,

Thats a really nice blog you have mate.....and examples and ideas you have
posted is really good...even thou our opinions are similar the android
porting that you have mentioned is a really good way,

--
*  \m / Cheers \m/
Santosh Kulkarni*