Virtual machine query

Alexandru Juncu alex.juncu at rosedu.org
Mon Jan 2 11:20:27 EST 2012

On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 6:13 PM, manish honap
<manish_honap_vit at yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> During Kernel development what type of set-up do developers normally use ?
> e.g. Machine configuration, virtualization environment etc.
> or whether they use physical machines ?
>
> Cheers, Manish

I would recommend a solution like VMware Workstation or VirtualBox
because it's the closest thing to a real machine as possible. And the
big plus of these solutions are the Snapshots that are really useful
when you risk having kernel panics and have to restart a lot.

Just my $0.02

--
Alexandru Juncu

ROSEdu