arm assembly doubt

卜弋天 buyit at live.cn
Sat Feb 18 08:36:17 EST 2012

Hi:      the  SWI is used for system APIs such as open, read, write. user mode applications call system APIs via SWI, which will change ARM mode from USER to SVC.     so when vector_swi is called, Linux will do as below:     1. store r0~r12, these registers are universal for USR mode SVC mode.     2. store r13 and r14 of USER mode. Note, SWI is triggered from USER mode, so here Linux store USER mode's r13 and r14, rather than SVC's.         for your two questions:      1. the ^ means to get USER mode registers, rather than current mode.
     2. no matter how you arrange registers in opcode {}, stmdb will always push lr first, then sp. so after line 348, the stack view is as below:lr_usrsp_usrr12...r0  > Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 19:35:17 -0700