Dual booting of Smartphone

Anand Arumugam anand.arumug at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 09:41:55 EST 2012

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 12:35 AM, Abhijit Pawar <apawar.linux at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I know its pre-mature to ask this question but is there any support of
> dual booting in smartphones which can allow me have two different OS's
> ( for ex. Android 2.1 + Android 2.3 ) on a single phone? There may be
> other combinations as well. Is this something which we are looking at
> near future or is it just a dream at this moment?
>
> Regards,
> Abhijit Pawar

If I'm not mistaken android is not the OS but a software stack
(quoting from http://source.android.com/ "Android is an open-source
software stack for mobile devices...") which runs on top of linux.

Maybe you might want to look at ways to install different versions of
the software stack instead of the linux kernel.