blktrace vs ftrace

Mulyadi Santosa mulyadi.santosa at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 12:04:21 EST 2012

Hi Matthias...

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 17:59, Matthias Brugger
<matthias.bgg at googlemail.com> wrote:
> If I understand the patch which introduces the blk tracer to ftrace
> (http://lwn.net/Articles/315508/) just uses the blktrace interface. So I
> wonder why using this influences the I/O behaviour.

Then I am completely clueless now. Better consult with qemu-devel mailing list.

PS: just crossed my mind, maybe ftrace that uses blktrace is actually
tracing the qemu's virtio. Whereas blktrace is tracing the physical
block access. This is just speculation, after re-reading that you use
virtio and disable write caching.

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa