How to create patch for checkpatch.pl cleanups

kashyap gada kashyapgada at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 5 16:00:14 EST 2012

Hello Linux Newbies, I'm one too.
I was looking out for some clean up work and I ran the checkpatch.pl
script. I came across a file with some 400 errors and 200 warnings. Now
there were bunch of 80 char per line warning , braces and related
things. I don't want to be sending patches for each and every error or
warning I fix as it becomes tedious and If i send lots of correction
patches in one go the kernel maintainers wont accept it. I want to know
Can we correct all similar errors or warnings in one patch? or series of
patches?

Kashyap Gada gada.kashyap at gmail.com