calling system call in arm from user space

Niroj Pokhrel nirojpokhrel at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 00:04:50 EST 2012

Hi,
I have written a system call and build it with kernel for Arm architecture.
However, I'm confused to use it to call it from the user space. As it is in
x86, where we can simply call by using sycall() function and the return
value is returned by the syscal() itself.
In Arm, I tried to write an assembly language program and was able to call
the system call using the assembly code but what I'm confused is how to
call this function using C program. I tried using inline assembly but it
didn't work. Further, if I can implement it using inline assembly then
return value will be in r0 and how can I move this value to the user
variable.
Thanking you in advance.

--
Niroj Pokhrel