Porting problem: ndo_set_multicast_list removed

Woody Wu narkewoody at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 11:30:05 EST 2012

Hi, list

I am porting an ethernet driver from 2.6.x to 3.7.1.  I found in the new
kernel, the ndo_set_multicast_list method in the net_device_ops had been
removed. What's the story behind?  Can I simply ignore this method
defined in an old driver?

Please also help to check the below code, is the list of the operations
defined for my driver enough or not?

const struct net_device_ops ax_netdev_ops = {
	.ndo_open		= mydriver_open,
	.ndo_stop		= mydriver_close,
	.ndo_start_xmit		= mydriver_start_xmit,
	.ndo_get_stats		= mydriver_get_stats,
	/*.ndo_set_multicast_list = mydriver_set_multicast_list,*/
	.ndo_set_mac_address 	= mydriver_set_mac_address,
};

Thanks in advance.

--
woody
I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then.