how does this command(at+cfun=1,1) works?

Yann Droneaud ydroneaud at opteya.com
Mon Dec 17 04:42:05 EST 2012

Le lundi 17 décembre 2012 à 12:41 +0530, Ritesh Harjani a écrit :
> Hi Everyone,
>
> When this command (at+cfun=1,1) is executed on phone, it does a
> reboot. I want to know which and how this command calls the kernel
> level functions.
> I googled this, but seems like all the data explains only about AT
> command and not as to how this reboot process is done.

The kernel alone is not responsible of interpreting Hayes commands (AT).

According to ETSI TS 100 916 V7.4.0 (1999-11) Technical Specification
Digital cellular telecommunications system (Phase 2+); AT command set
for GSM Mobile Equipment (ME) (GSM 07.07 version 7.4.0 Release 1998),
Section 8.2 Set phone functionality +CFUN (found through by
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Hardware:AT_Commands ), this command
(AT+CFUN=1,1) is one of the command a "baseband" must implement.

And this command is asking for a reboot. So what you describe seems more
likely to be a hardware problem.

Regards.

--
Yann Droneaud