Locating the keyboard driver (and replacing it)

Anuz Pratap Singh Tomar chambilkethakur at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 06:31:01 EST 2012

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 10:27 AM, manty kuma <mantykuma at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Sannu,
> I tried grepping lsmod with kdb. It doesnt show anything.
>
> Regards,
> Manty
>

> On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 2:07 PM, Sannu K <sannumail4foss at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Try grepping for kdb. I have not tried this, just a suggestion.
>>
>> Hope this helps,
>> Sannu K
>>
>> On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 1:16 PM, manty kuma <mantykuma at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I have written a small module that toggles the capslock LED. To
>> demonstrate
>> > it i want to replace the Existing keyboard module with mine. I tried
>> > lsmod|grep "key" without any success. also checked /proc/modules. I
>> couldnot
>> > find any clue regarding the name of the module i need to uninstall. So,
>> How
>> > can i remove the existing keyboard module and insert mine?
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Manty
>> >

> I am be very sure(and thus please verify all of it), but I think keyboard
drivers are statically compiled and they are tied to tty consoles.
you may have to use one of the other testing mechanism like virtualization
i.e. use usermode linux etc and compile your module along with they
keyboard driver because keyboard drivers come up very early in booting
process.

Thank you
Warm Regards
Anuz