transfering pages from user space to user space

Pablo Pessolani ppessolani at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 6 07:59:36 EST 2012

Hi Yann:

Reading the patch source code I find that the pages from one user space to other are "copied"
102                 if (vm_write)
103                         ret = copy_from_user(target_kaddr,
104                                              lvec[*lvec_current].iov_base
105                                              + *lvec_offset,
106                                              bytes_to_copy);
107                 else
108                         ret = copy_to_user(lvec[*lvec_current].iov_base
109                                            + *lvec_offset,
110                                            target_kaddr, bytes_to_copy);

The code I wrote (very similar to this) also copies page contents. But my interest is transfering pages (zero-copy).
Regards.
PAP