compile kernel 3.0.34 errors

wenrongbupt wenrongbupt at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 21:55:01 EDT 2012

I follow a full steps as following:
make mrproper
make menuconfig
make bzImage
make modules
make modules_install
make install
It still has following errors:
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module twofish
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module i2c

Please help me! Thank you.

wenrongbupt

From: Anuz Pratap Singh Tomar
Date: 2012-08-29 00:03
To: wenrongbupt
CC: kernelnewbies
Subject: Re: compile kernel 3.0.34 errors

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 9:08 AM, wenrongbupt <wenrongbupt at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi guys,
I am using Fedora 13(kernel version is 2.6.33.3-85.fc13.i686.PAE) and try to build kernel 3.0.34. I am follow these steps:

make mrproper
you need a .config
you can use make menuconfig  to create the required .config

I run make menuconfig in here, but forgot to wirte down,sorry!

make bzImage
make modules
make modules_install
make install

Every step is succeed except make install
It has following errors:
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module twofish
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module i2c

I don't know how to solve this problem.Please help me!Thank you very much.

Regards

Vincent