compile kernel 3.0.34 errors

wenrongbupt wenrongbupt at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 20:48:56 EDT 2012

I follow your steps,but it still has errors.

ERROR: modinfo: could not find module bluetooth
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module rfkill
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module authenc
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module esp4
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module xfrm4_mode_tunnel
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module deflate
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module zlib_deflate
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module ctr
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module twofish
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module twofish_common
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module camellia
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module serpent
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module blowfish
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module cast5
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module des_generic
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module cbc
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module aes_i586
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module aes_generic
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module xcbc
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module rmd160
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module sha512_generic
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module sha256_generic
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module crypto_null
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module af_key
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module ppdev
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module parport_pc
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module lp
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module parport
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module nfsd
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module lockd
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module nfs_acl
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module auth_rpcgss
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module exportfs
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module fuse
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module sunrpc
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module ipv6
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module uinput
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module snd_hda_codec_realtek
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module snd_hda_intel
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module iTCO_wdt
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module snd_hda_codec
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module iTCO_vendor_support
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module snd_hwdep
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module broadcom
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module snd_seq
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module i2c_i801
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module r8169
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module snd_seq_device
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module mii
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module snd_pcm
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module snd_timer
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module snd
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module soundcore
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module snd_page_alloc
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module serio_raw
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module tg3
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module microcode
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module dcdbas
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module i915
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module drm_kms_helper
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module drm
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module i2c_algo_bit
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module i2c_core
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module video
ERROR: modinfo: could not find module output

wenrongbupt

> I follow your procedure,the build result as following:
> It seems there are more modules could not find now.
>
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module bluetooth
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module rfkill
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module authenc
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module esp4
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module xfrm4_mode_tunnel
> ERROR: modinfo: could not find module deflate

I have a good guess that somehow you accidentally or inaccidentally
use your distro default kernel config.

So, what you might need to do before make mrproper is probably
temporarily move every config file in /boot to somewhere else, say
/tmp:
mv /boot/config-* /tmp

then use casual mantra....

let's see if that helps...