Stackable file systems and NFS

Mulyadi Santosa mulyadi.santosa at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 06:21:07 EDT 2012

Hi Ranjan...

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 5:10 PM, Ranjan Sinha <rnjn.sinha at gmail.com> wrote:
> For now, /etc/export file has the following setting
> *(rw,sync,no_root_squash)

hm, AFAIK that means synchronous method is selected. So,
theoritically, if there is no further data, the other end of NFS
should just wait.

Are you using blocking or non blocking read, btw? Sorry, i am not
really that good reading VFS code...

> On client side we have not specified any options explicitly. This is
> from /proc/mounts entry
> >rw,vers=3,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,hard,proto=tcp,timeo=600,retrans=2,sec=sys

hm, not sure, maybe in your case, read and write buffer should be
reduced so any new data should be transmitted ASAP. I was inspired by
bufferbloat handling, but maybe I am wrong here somewhere....

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa
Freelance Linux trainer and consultant