Doubt regarding PageLocked in Linux kernel source

Ram Tummala venkatram867 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 03:37:03 EDT 2012

On Apr 19, 2012, at 12:15 AM, Shashidhara Shamaiah <
Shashidhara.Shamaiah at mphasis.com> wrote:

  Hi,

I was looking at the source file fs/jbd/transaction.c . In the function
journal_invalidatepage the code calls the macro

PageLocked . I need to look at its implementation. I could locate where the
definition of PageLocked. Its not a function  as its absent in the
System.map file.  I have searched in internet. It was defined as a macro in
older kernels. But I could not get its definition in the recent kernels.
Please point me to the right direction.

Yes, it's not a function, it's a macro. Page flags are cleverly implemented
in the Linux kernel as macros. You wont be able to cscope into it. See
http://lxr.linux.no/linux+v3.3.2/include/linux/page-flags.h for
implementation details.

Venkatram Tummala

Regards

Shashidhara

Information transmitted by this e-mail is proprietary to MphasiS, its
associated companies and/ or its customers and is intended
for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may
contain information that is privileged, confidential or
recipient or it appears that this mail has been forwarded
to you without proper authority, you are notified that any use or
dissemination of this information in any manner is strictly
prohibited. In such cases, please notify us immediately at
mailmaster at mphasis.com and delete this mail from your records.