Question about tlv message support

NorthPole morfeas3000 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 20:36:41 EDT 2012

@JAYESH TANK
thank you very much :-) that was a very good starting poind :D

@Javier
you are right, so here is something more specific

I want to add a framework for tlv message construction and parsing in
a wireless mesh routing protocol so as it can have the advantages of
the tlv way of communication (one of which is backwards compatibility)

afaik tlvs are used in many places in the kernel and as Jayesh stated
there are no ready made apis.
So if I want to do that I have to copy someone else's code and modify
it accordingly

but I have another general question:
In the future if I want to find if the kernel has internal support for
the X thing how can I find out if it has and how it does support?