[RFC] Kernel API

Alexandru Juncu alex.juncu at rosedu.org
Fri Apr 13 13:29:06 EDT 2012

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 8:09 PM, harryxiyou <harryxiyou at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'd like to know how i can get all the Kernel APIs, which i can call
> ones i need in my
> Kernel Modules. Sometimes, i wanna use some Kenrel APIS as the userspace i
> can use 'man api', which i can understand it and use it. But i have
> not find the way
> to search a Kernel API easily. Cloud anyone give me some advices?

Hello!

The Kernel "API" is found in kernel itself. Any exported functions are
available in your modules.
You won't have man pages for them (as far as I know). The best thing
to do is use the kernel sources.

cscope and ctags in your editor could help you. Also, LXR [0].

[0] http://lxr.linux.no/#linux+v3.3.1/