ubuntu 11.10, systemtap and building my own kernel

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Tue Apr 10 17:08:04 EDT 2012

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:

> Hi -
>
> On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 04:17:25PM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> > [...]
> >   just FYI, this is the current problem:
> > [...]
>
> Yup, found it.  For now, you could adjust your copy of the runtime.h
> header file s/map/mask/ and have at it.  We'll plop presently a
> polished patch into proper place.

  actually, would it be possible to simplify the code?  i see that
systemtap's stat.c defines its own CPU iteration macro:

#define stp_for_each_cpu(cpu)  for_each_cpu_mask((cpu), cpu_possible_map)

is there no way to directly use the kernel's <linux/cpumask.h> file,
and something like "for_each_possible_cpu"?

  in any event, i "git clone"d systemtap so i can just pull the fix
when it's committed.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca