how to check kernel is configured with preemption or not

Mulyadi Santosa mulyadi.santosa at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 21:44:46 EDT 2011

Hi :)

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 01:22, sri <bskmohan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Am working on a problem where the system hanging after some unequal
> intervals, with the below o/p printing on the console,
> Though this might be mostly tighten to the click router module am using, but
> I see the do_IRQ in the stack trace multiple times.
> This brought some suspicious questions to me why so many times the module is
> interrupted.

IMHO, the problem here could be in fact showing that (if indeed it's
true) the related module has somekind of reentrancy problem...and
preemption in turn shows that to you or make it happen quicker.

A good written module should work fine no matter how many times it's
interrupted, assuming locks are used correctly in the critical
sections.

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa