seagate drive and i/o errors

Littlefield, Tyler tyler at tysdomain.com
Fri Oct 21 13:47:10 EDT 2011

Hello all,
I have a quick question. When I do a ls on this drive and it's spun
down, i get an i/o error. I'm curious if there's a way to write a module
or do something to make the drive wake up when I do a r/w request on it?
I've had an external and it never had this problem. I also know i could
modify the scsi params to make it not sleep, but that doesn't work and
that is not the best of ideas anyway. I like it sleeping, I don't even
mind waiting for an LS. It's just hard to manage when i have to umount
-l the directory, then figure out what sd* dev it's on.

--

Take care,
Ty

Sent from my toaster.