Enabling USB OTG

Peter Teoh htmldeveloper at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 23:00:41 EDT 2011

Read Sven on programming and enabling OTG for Android:

http://sven.killig.de/android/N1/2.2/usb_host/

For example, the following discussion described its successful implementation:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=993152

At the hardware level I think u will need to connect your Android
device (now acting as host) to a USB powered USB hub too....

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 6:43 PM, madav maddy <maddy.mdv007 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Experts,
> I am newbie and trying to enable usb OTG support in Android linux kernel,
> can someone please give me the pointers to proceed with this. The hardware
> on which android kernel boots has OTG harware, so inorder to enable it at
> the kenel level i enabled the following configs,
> CONFIG_USB_SUPPORT=y
> CONFIG_USB_ARCH_HAS_HCD=y
> CONFIG_USB_ARCH_HAS_OHCI=y
> CONFIG_USB_ARCH_HAS_EHCI=y
> CONFIG_USB=y
> CONFIG_USB_DEBUG=y
> .
> .
> CONFIG_USB_EHCI_HCD=m
> CONFIG_USB_OHCI_HCD=m
> .
> .
> CONFIG_USB_OTG=y
> CONFIG_USB_MUSB_OTG=y
> CONFIG_USB_OTG_UTILS=y
>
> am using the following configuration,
>      musb <--- usb converter <--- usb harware device.
>
> But still the hardware doesnt seems to work properly (as no new entry is
> created in /dev, when a usb harware device is connected to the board),
> Inorder to confirm that the base board drivers are working properly, i tried
> to access the device mass storage successfully.
> Do i need to do anything else to enable the musb to work as OTG port.
>
> Thanks,
> Madavan

Regards,
Peter Teoh