modify bootlog in linux

naveen yadav yad.naveen at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 06:57:24 EST 2011

Hi Mayank,

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 5:12 PM, Mayank Agarwal
<mayank77fromindia at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to learn linux.I have following doubts:
>
> 1.In which files/directory we initialize bootlog.which files i have to
> change in order to modify boot log.
>    how to make a process run as daemon process.
Will you elobrate a bit. boot log is just message printing , it can be
seen on screen/ or in log file based on your configuraion.

> 2.Also about linux boot sequence,help/tutorial on linux boot sequence.
you can go through the code/ or lots of document available.

> 3.Major steps in bringing up the new custom evm board.
1. Need to know Info about h/w
2. If some similar arch exists in arch/**/board* you can refer and modify.
> 4.Things to know in order to write the bootloader.
Why to reinvent the wheel, already uboot ( Free source availabe)