Queries about Net-Filter Hooks !!!

Kesava Srinivas vunnavafuture at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 05:39:23 EST 2011

HI Friends,
Trying to Play with Net-Filter Hooks and here are my Queries!

1] While adding a New UDP/IP Header over the received skbuffer from
NetFilter Module;need to fill the UDP Check-sum. Please let me know ; if
there is any Kernel Function which we can use to do this Job ??? OR Do I
need to write our own Function to calculate the Check-sum ???

2] Once after adding New Headers to the received skbuffer ; am trying to
return NF_ACCEPT. My Understanding was that ; the newly expanded skbuffer
with added Headers will be again taken my Net-Filter Hooks Module and will
deliver back to the net device. rt? OR Was there some thing more that I
should do ; to send the new skbuffer to the device ??

Looking forward for the reply !!

-Thanks in Advance,
VKS