Filtering USB storage data in kernel module

Abhijit Pawar apawar.linux at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 03:45:35 EST 2011

Hi All,
I need to filter  the data written/read to and from the USB storage
disk. Now the way USB is made known to OS is through SCSI and then
respective filesystem ( mostly usbfs).
So is there any way I can intercept this stack and have my kernel module
invoked so that I will get the data.

I have been thinking on two approaches:

1. Use VFS and write a proxy filesystem for USB device which will filter
the data.
2. checking SCSI and any intercepting point.

I am currently looking at USBMONITOR source code as well.  Please let me
know if there is any other way to achieve this.

Regards,
Abhijit Pawar