Pin configuration

Stefan Schick stefan.schick at business-consulting.de
Fri Nov 11 05:48:35 EST 2011

Hey,

I am currently working on a TDM3730 in combination with a Blizzard Base
board (http://denx-cs.de/?q=tdm3730). It is my goal to connect a CAN-Bus
and get it up and running. As driver we use the SJA1000 OF platform
which is already in my Kernel. For that we have to build a little custom
board with the SJA1000 Chip and attach it to the GPIO's or in our case
the GPMC's.
The Pin configuration is stored in the u-boot source at
"u-boot.git/board/technexion/tdm3730". I also found the code to override
the Pin configuration in the architecture specific code in the Kernel.

What I don't get is what happens between the Architecture specific Pin
configuration and the SJA1000 Driver. How does the Driver know which
Pins to use?

Regards,
Stefan