Spinlocks and interrupts

Jeff Haran jharan at bytemobile.com
Wed Nov 9 19:03:26 EST 2011

You probably want to lock with spin_lock_irqsave() and unlock with
spin_unlock_irqrestore() if you are not sure about what contexts
get_data() will be called in.

There's plenty of examples of how to use these in the kernel sources.

I note you are passing in the address of the spinlock itself. Be wary of
deadly embraces where two threads acquire two locks in different order.

Jeff Haran