picking an ARM board with jtag for debugging

Christopher Harvey chris at basementcode.com
Tue May 31 10:39:50 EDT 2011

 I'm looking for an ARM board with a cortex a9 mpcore with a good
 solution for jtag debugging under linux.

 I have a beagle and a pandaboard sitting in front of me, but the beagle
 only has cortex a8 and the pandboard jtag situation looks pretty dismal.
 (You need to buy and download a lot of software). Cost really isn't an
 issue, (under 1000$) but good gdb support is critical.

 I need jtag specifically because kgdb doesn't start up soon enough for
 me.

 Anybody here doing ARM linux development with jtag?

 thanks,
 -Chris