questions for Linus

Mulyadi Santosa mulyadi.santosa at gmail.com
Tue May 31 03:12:36 EDT 2011

Hi Greg..

I came with these questions for Linus, hope you're kind enough to
collect it and forward it to Linus in LinuxCon:

1. When will Linux 2.8.x start? and what are the plans regarding the
development model? do we back in dual 2.4.x/2.5x era? personally I
think that model is nice.... makes one really know which tree to
follow when he needs stable one, or the devel one...

2. I saw task/process scheduler is one that under heavy concern
lately, take a look on "200 line patch that does wonder" for example.
I am thinking, we better really incorporate pluggable scheduler
framework, that enable us to change scheduling core algorithm on the
fly. What do you think?

3. I read somewhere that once Coverity helps Linux kernel developers
found out unseen bugs using sophisticated static code analysis. Is
that still happening now? Probably a good deal, squashing bugs in
nowadays kernel's size is pretty hard, I could say..

that's all for now Greg...thanks in advance...hopefully it's still make it..

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa
Freelance Linux trainer and consultant