academia contribution to the kernel

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Tue May 31 00:49:01 EDT 2011

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 01:05:28AM +0200, Javier Martinez Canillas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> A few days ago Greg k-h posted in his blog asking to send questions
> that he could make in his interview with Linus at LinuxCon Japan.
> Sadly his keynote is tomorrow so I'm a bit late to send him a question

It's not too late, I'm still here, and we have many hours until the
presentation (i.e about 14).

> I would like to ask Linus, key kernel developers and companies
> sponsoring Linux development. Instead I will make the question in this
> list to know what you people think about.
>
> My question is: why academia contribution to the Linux kernel is negligible?

<snip>

I think you already answered your own question, and there's not much we
can do about this other than the efforts that Thomas is working on right
now.

Any other suggestions of how the community could help academia out would
of course be appreciated.

Any other question that anyone would like me to ask Linus tomorrow?
Technical is always better, at least for the both of us.

thanks,

greg k-h