Can we map a device address to two different memory locations?

Mulyadi Santosa mulyadi.santosa at gmail.com
Fri May 27 13:24:49 EDT 2011

Hi...

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 17:49, sandeep kumar <coolsandyforyou at gmail.com> wrote:
> Now the question is can we memory map a one device resource(say some
> iomemory) to two different memory locations?
> the other way of seeing at this question is,
> Will ioremap() gives different 'virtual addresses' when called multiple
> times?

I agree with Daniel, but I suggest you to think about it: in reading
operation, maybe it's ok, no concurrency issues need to be taken
care...but how about writing? unless we're sure they are atomically or
uninterruptible, i see a chance that race condition might happen here.

Actually it's similar when you map a file into two different VMA and
write into it, correct?

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa