kernel BUG at kernel/workqueue

Mulyadi Santosa mulyadi.santosa at gmail.com
Thu May 26 22:13:00 EDT 2011

Hi...

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 19:33, sri <bskmohan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
> So the BUG_ON means that it is known prior that a could raise in this
> codelines.

IMO, "Known" in a sense that the developer already anticipate such
situation.... likely, maybe such thing already happen in the past,
thus to ease further bug fixing, BUG_ON is placed there...

> Correct me if am wrong. In that case, there would a patch to fix this,
> guessing.

Hm, maybe....but personally I am not sure whether it's error by design
or a runtime error (a corner case that is not caught by the developer)
--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa
Freelance Linux trainer and consultant