Rv: Re: knewbies project? - updating LDD3 source

Javier Martinez Canillas martinez.javier at gmail.com
Tue May 24 17:22:35 EDT 2011

>> > There is a repo on GitHub with the same purpose.  I
>> > haven't checked it
>> > out personally, but it's probably worth a look.
>> >
>> > https://github.com/martinezjavier/ldd3
>>
>> I've found the same googlecode svn repo a while ago, but
>> since it was very out-dated, I decided to start my own
>> project on github.
>>
>> https://github.com/ezequielgarcia/ldd3-examples
>>
>> I am working against 2.6.37; but currently, the only module
>> that really compiles is scull and scullpipe. martinezjavier
>> git repo seems much updated; too bad I haven't find that
>> when I looked for !
>>
>> Maybe we should concentrate our efforts, despite for me it
>> was just a learning project.
>>
>> Greetings,
>> Ezequiel.

Yes, it would be better to concentrate our efforts. When I needed to
update the examples to a more recent kernel I had the same problem
than you do. I did find a few repos but they were outdated. I send a
few patches to some of the authors but i didn't have any feedback so I
(sadly) had to start (yet another) LDD3 repo.

But probably the best idea is to think a good example set to include
in the kernel's samples dir. I just don't know what is the policy
about the code that reside in that dir. In the meantime patches are
welcomed so I can include more examples in this repo. I will try to
keep this repo compiling with newer kernels but I probably won't have
to much time to add more examples.

--
Javier Martínez Canillas
(+34) 682 39 81 69