Question about MFD devices.

jocke at holstenhof.se jocke at holstenhof.se
Mon May 23 03:43:39 EDT 2011

Hi!

I'm trying to do a simple driver on an embedded (ARM) system that needs to
access some functionality in an MFD device. I've deducted that my driver
needs to be integrated into the MFD device structure, otherwise I won't
really be able to access the required functions.

I've been trying to figure out why we have these MFD devices, but I don't
see the logic behind them.

To me, they mailny seem to duplicate the standard kernel driver structure,
and it doesn't seem like the provided functionality should be used
in-kernel.

I guess that my conclusion are way wrong, so I hope that someone on the
list can enlighten me about this.

BRs,
/Jocke!