UDP socket not receiving full data.

Prabhu nath gprabhunath at gmail.com
Thu May 19 12:54:33 EDT 2011

Dear All,

         I have connected two machines A <---> B. B is sending 35 packets
(packet size = 1042 bytes) of data to A over UDP socket. But, the
application A is receiving only 12 packets.
         TCPDUMP on machine A is showing all the packets received on machine
A.
         I suspect the erroneous buffer handling in TCP/IP stack.

         Can anyone please let me know the function which is responsible to
transfer data from the kernel space to user space, the function which does
copy_to_user() kind of stuff.
         Or any hint on the control path of data from the driver to the
application will be helpful.

Thanks,
Prabhu