Init error NFS booting a Fedora 13 file system

Christopher Harvey chris at basementcode.com
Mon May 16 15:26:37 EDT 2011

 On Mon, 16 May 2011 16:18:23 -0300, Erlon Cruz <sombrafam at gmail.com>
 wrote:
>> you mean the LD_LIBRARY_PATH?
>
> Yes, I thing that what might  be happening is that when the system is
> in initramfs, LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not set so the system cant execute
> the dynamically linked init. I this config you said you did do you
> had
> to set any configuration (so set something) after or before
> chrooting?

 If you have a properly setup file system (eg, libraries in /usr/lib and
 /lib) then you shouldn't need to set and LD_LIBRARY_PATHS during boot or
 after a chroot. If the chroot gives you errors with regards to
 libraries, then you've found your problem, otherwise the problem is
 elsewhere (and the error messages given from trying to run init from a
 chrooted environment will probably help you).

 I hope that was the original question, you erased the text form the
 beginning of the email.