mac address inside eeprom.

Andrea Gasparini gaspa at yattaweb.it
Fri Mar 25 18:02:58 EDT 2011

Hi Valentina,

In data venerdì 25 marzo 2011 17:22:58, Valentina Giusti ha scritto:
> first things first. What kernel version are you using?

2.6.38, as you said, is perfect.

> I looked at the latest version (2.6.38), and I saw that in
> include/linux/i2c/at24.h there is a structure to access the eeprom data.
> You should initialize that structure in your driver, or at boot, making it
> point to the eeprom address where the mac address is located.

Uhm. I'm not sure that's the same thing you're saying, but looking at the
header file gives me an idea.
So, probably the best way is using:
	void		(*setup)(struct memory_accessor *, void *context);
in my platform_device setup. So the setup code will be contained completely in
the board-* file along with the other device specific setups. Cool :P

> Hope this is helping,

Sure, thanks a lot.
Bye.
--