maranello for staging ?

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Thu Mar 24 16:50:02 EDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 02:19:43PM -0600, Jim Cromie wrote:
> Im not quite sure how to proceed with this, Ive refrained from
> sending to netdev at kernel.org, I guess Id like advice and feedback 1st.

First get feedback from them, if the protocol isn't going to be accepted
as-is from them, or with just minor work, then we can take it in the
staging tree, but you must list what is needed to be done to get it into
mergable state.

As for your other questions:
  - yes, we want original authorship.
  - we need patches, not a git tree, to apply to the kernel, so however
    you feel that getting the patches into a state that I can apply them
    is fine to do.  Just note that you can't send out "merged into..."
    patches as they make no sense :)

thanks,

greg k-h