Linux hibernation

Mulyadi Santosa mulyadi.santosa at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 03:58:46 EDT 2011

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 14:50, Michelle Konzack
<linux4michelle at tamay-dogan.net> wrote:
> You have 2,75 GByte of Memory + 256 MByte of Graphic Ram right?
>
> If your system use the the SWAP partition to  hybernate,  then  it  will
> fail, because it has to do a "swapoff" and write  the  contents  of  the
> SWAP to memory.
>
> In clear, you are currently using
>
>    4096 MByte RAM + 374 MByte SWAP - 249 MByte Free
>
>    = 4221 MByte = 4,12 GByte
>
> which is to much o fit into memory.

hm, CMIIW, but I think you also count page cache above...that's
discardable...i.e kernel will push them back into backing disc... so,
they're not really counted... only anonymous pages, locked pages and
similar ones which is swaped out...

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa