what is the kernel symbol for user space grant access driver

tbartcz at interia.pl tbartcz at interia.pl
Fri Mar 4 12:49:47 EST 2011

I'm not sure if I got your point, but I guess you want to make sure that code activated by your configuration option is included into the kernel image.
Let me illustrate that by example: PC parallel port.  (Device Drivers-> Parallel Port -> PC-style hardware). This option is associated with CONFIG_PARPORT_PC configuration option. This option includes the following source file drivers/parport/parport_pc.c. Looking at this file you will see that it exports parport_pc_probe_port method.
We can run the following command to see if it was included into the kernel image:
nm vmlinux | grep  parport_pc_unregister_port
and you will get:
ffffffff8187b5fe r __kstrtab_parport_pc_unregister_port
ffffffff81860080 r __ksymtab_parport_pc_unregister_port
ffffffff81283b58 T parport_pc_unregister_port

when we turn off this option for the  command
nm vmlinux | grep  parport_pc_unregister_port
is null

Regards
Tomasz Bartczak