Any tool under linux to parsing BPB/Bs/FAT table?

loody miloody at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 03:36:50 EST 2011

hi beraldo:

2010/12/20 Beraldo Leal <beraldo at beraldoleal.com>:
> On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 09:45:47PM +0800, loody wrote:
>> Dear all:
>> I recently trace FS/fat and I want to know is there any utility under
>> linux that can help us to easily parse BPB/BS or FAT tables?
>
> http://gitorious.org/unix-stuff/fat-util ?

I download the tool you mentioned but I have some questions about the usage.
I try to list out the dir content on my usb flash disk, which is fat
file system.
But I got the below messages:

# mount
/dev/sdc1 on /media/disk type vfat (rw)
# ls /media/disk
ifrename  iwconfig  iwevent  iwgetid  iwlist  iwpriv  iwspy  strace
strace.output  strace.output.tar.bz2
# ./fat-util list strace.output /dev/sdc1
strace.output not found.
#

did I use the wrong cmds or the file system type the utility not support?
appreciate your help,
miloody