interrupting the compile process and restart from where I stopped

Mulyadi Santosa mulyadi.santosa at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 00:54:22 EST 2011

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 11:34, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> is there a way I can interrupt the ongoing kernel compile process and
> power off my machine and when I can get back to it
> then restart from where I had stopped the kernel compilation which I
> had interrupted.

AFAIK, just press Ctrl-C few times and wait 'til it really finish in
the point you want. Next time, typing "make" again will pick starting
from the point you left. It is doable since "make" check timestamp and
whether an object file for certain target has been made or not

PS: just don't press Ctrl-C like crazy :)

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa
Freelance Linux trainer and consultant