debugging enabled? (was Re: KGDB command line options not working for kernel 2.6.32)

Mulyadi Santosa mulyadi.santosa at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 21:51:21 EDT 2011

Hi Spiro

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 01:40, Spiro Trikaliotis
<ml-kernelnewbies at spiro.trikaliotis.net> wrote:

> On the other hand: With optimisations disabled, the kernel behaves
> differently than it would with optimisations. That's why many people
> prefer to keep them switched on, and only disable them partially if
> really, really needed.

I agree...even I still have mixed conclusion whether to go or no go
with -O when dealing with -O and debugging. I guess one of the biggest
offenders are: inlining, dead code (and symbols) elimination,
substitution with specific machine specific opcode (not really sure,
is -march has relationship with -O)...

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa