questions about the codingstyle in linux kernel.

Jonathan Neuschäfer j.neuschaefer at gmx.net
Sat Jun 25 15:14:42 EDT 2011

On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 11:28:46AM +0700, Mulyadi Santosa wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 20:25, B tw <kis.btw at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Why the coding style in include/linux/page-flags.h is Camel Case? It
> > is so ugly and uncoordinated.
>
> consider it as blessing in disguise :) throw some patches to fix them
> to LKML and see how others think about it....

This code has been around for a long time, so there may be quite some
out-of-tree drivers/patches depending on the spelling, and as with
every (?) API the change should be done through
Documentation/feature-removal-schedule.txt.

But now that we have Coccinelle[1], it might turn out to be quite easy
to get rid of this camel-case spelling.

[1] http://coccinelle.lip6.fr/

Btw, if you set off a discussion on the lkml regarding this, please CC me :).

Thanks,
	Jonathan Neuschäfer