Is this a Bug?

Jonathan Neuschäfer j.neuschaefer at gmx.net
Thu Jun 23 09:03:18 EDT 2011

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 02:16:05PM +0200, Christian D. wrote:
> Hi,
> thanks for your help. I a m using -rc3 on an Ubuntu system. I used "make
> loadmodconfig" to create my .config. I then enabled Kernel debugging. Should
> I append my .config file?
> The bug/warning seems to be added by this commit.
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git;a=commitdiff;h=fbbf592002ee46ed14d5bd88f1150c604b34e705
>  .
> I would love to contribute a patch but it I think I better wait until I
> found a bigger/more problem.

Well, I think, you don't need to. I have seven patches in the kernel, four
of which are just spelling fixes [1]. What you need is an explanation
coming with every patch you send; again, if you're not sure just send
your patch to this list (kernelnewbies) and someone will comment on it.

[1] http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux%2Fkernel%2Fgit%2Ftorvalds%2Flinux-2.6.git&a=search&h=HEAD&st=author&s=neusch

HTH,
	Jonathan Neuschäfer