Is this a Bug?

julie Sullivan kernelmail.jms at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 17:21:06 EDT 2011

Hmm, I just enabled the 'Build all ASoC CODEC drivers' option (I don't
have the hardware) to build-test to see if I could get the same
warning as Christian and I didn't, but I did get this in the same
tree:

sound/soc/codecs/ak4641.c: In function ‘ak4641_probe’:
sound/soc/codecs/ak4641.c:524:6: error: ‘GPIOF_OUT_INIT_LOW’
undeclared (first use in this function)
sound/soc/codecs/ak4641.c:524:6: note: each undeclared identifier is
reported only once for each function it appears in
make[3]: *** [sound/soc/codecs/ak4641.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [sound/soc/codecs] Error 2
make[1]: *** [sound/soc] Error 2
make: *** [sound] Error 2
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Odd.

Is there some other CONFIG_ I'm not setting that I need to for your
driver, Christian? (I'm using -rc3, -rc4 won't boot but that's another
problem...)

---

btw if you _are_ sending a patch and it's your first one:

remember you can avoid the embarrassment of maintainers experiencing
your tabs to space conversion, word-wrapping and other
reformatting/corruption horrors by sending yourself the patch first to
check it applies - or send it to us, I'm happy to 'apply check' it for
you if you can let me know what kernel version to check out  (can't
promise I'll do it the same day though) :-)

If you are thinking of using the Gmail web gui to send a patch be sure
to read Documentation/email-clients.txt with special reference to the
bit at the bottom of that file...

Cheers
Julie